Monday, December 19, 2011

Miami Obama Dream

I was in Miami, we got there in a canoe. It was foggy, like San Francisco or Portland, and I thought it probably wasn't usually like that, but it was incredibly beautiful. The water was brilliant blue, and there were craggy cliffs and hills, not what I was expecting. We came in along the shore, it was a bay, and we clung to the eastern edge, very close to the shore. Slowly everything began to funnel into a canal. The water was eventually drained out but we were moving along anyway on a conveyor, and then we began to rise up and see the whole sparkling, sunny, tropical, blue and green city and bay. We stayed on the canoe through the halls of an apartment building or hotel, and the walls were covered with blue-green grass that was gelatinous and doubled over on itself. Suddenly we were with Barack Obama in the building having a dinner in a private room. We were talking about what we might have done that would bar us from public office; I decided that being in AA was probably enough for me. But we didn't ask Obama. He hugged me and it was the warmest, most comforting thing I had felt in as long as I could remember. I was attracted to him, but it was also like a father. Then we were on the street and it was warm and beautiful and classy, not at all like what I had expected. Not trashy. We were in a street market, full of trendy goods, and Obama put his arm around my shoulder. "You give good hugs," I said. "If I ever need a hug, I am coming to Washington!" I felt special that he was there.

Gratitude list:

1. My sanity.
2. My family.
3. Being in a good mood today.
4. My cats: cuddling last night with C was amazing.
5. Call with RLA.

Imaginings:

1. Driving around South Florida with K on spring break.
2. Having a really successful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment